Submit Your Story
All submissions will be reviewed and edited as necessary by our editorial staff. We will review for typos, grammar, and overall style. Where necessary, our editors may remove redundant words, sentences, and punctuation, and at times may also rearrange the structure of the article, in order to offer the reader a more streamlined, engaging essay. If the edits are substantial, we will let you know so you can review it. We do not review the specific content or your essay to determine accuracy or whether it may contain third party materials; that is the author’s responsibility.
Our editors understand that authors may wish to mention a specific Pilates teacher or studio, and it is acceptable to mention them once. However if the names are used repeatedly, they will be edited and replaced with ‘my teacher’ or ‘my studio’, in order to prevent the article becoming a promotional piece for a particular business or brand. The purpose of the site is to promote the benefits of the Pilates Method itself.
PUBLICIZE YOUR STORY
If your story is selected for publishing on this site, we urge you share it via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, email, with family and friends, etc. We also encourage you to follow and respond to comments from other readers on your essay. This will help support our growing community online and help us to bring Pilates to more people around the world.
Please feel free to email any questions you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you submit your story, in your own words, rather than sending previously published articles written about you that have already been published elsewhere. If you want to submit anonymously, please just let us know. We will get back to you within 1-2 weeks if your submission has been selected.
- 500–1200 words in length is ideal
- Please include a suggested title for your story
- A submission does not guarantee publishing.
- Please provide the following with your submission:
- Please provide a short bio with your submission and any relevant links to other sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, website), as well as a cover photo. (.jpg or .png format)
- If you wish to submit additional images, video, or other multimedia, please contact us. All media must have proper permissions: they must either be your own content, or have a valid license and proper crediting.